-->

pulling it off

as a fashion-lover, i'm always looking for ways to be wild.  i get a lot of comments like, "Oh, I could never pull those off!", or, "Emma, only you can pull those off.".  To be truthful, that statement kind of bothers me.

it doesn't matter if you're a loud or wild person, you can pull everything off.  i know some people that go to a store and say, "Oh, I'd love to have that, but I can't pull it off.".  Yes, actually you can.  that's because it's not about the clothes, it's about the attitude.

if you want to pull something off, you have to have the confidence, or, as i like to call it, the swagger.  if you don't have confidence, you can't wear it.  today, i wore pink jeans.  i think about 90% of the people i saw gave me this shocking look, and probably 50% told me only i could pull them off.

so, what i'm trying to say is that if you want to wear pink jeans, wear them.  if you want to wear floral tights, wear them.  before you do, though, you have to make sure you have enough confidence to wear them and to not care if anyone looks at you like you're a freak.

the best fashion icons take major chances, and get the most attention from it.

here are a few examples of taking chances in fashion:




oh, and then there's me....



p.s. when you take chances, you're going to get looks after looks after looks of shock... ignore them.  ignore them all.  bright is better than boing.

Jo  – (January 24, 2012 at 1:40 PM)  

I totally agree! I have a hard time with things that I think are awesome, but I don't really want to have people stare at me. I'm getting better though, I got a pair of harem pant a couple of days ago that I'm going to wear tonight! Great post!

T.F  – (January 31, 2012 at 8:24 AM)  

I wore my bright red jeans and a white ruffled shirt tucked in, and a black blazer yesterday. I love wearing things that are different :D

P.S. I really want to see your pink jeans. :D

Post a Comment